Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sahar Castellum

Go down

Sahar Castellum   Empty Sahar Castellum

Post  verycoldbeer February 9th 2013, 7:14 pm

Sahar Castellum

When I fell asleep the world was embarking on what historians now call The Renaissance, my people were calling for a great council and I was a Knight in The Order of the Thorned Wreath. I was far from the land of my birth but around other of my kin. I trained, and protected my house.
Now I’m awake, the world didn't stand still, but this noise and all these electrical things that buzz around my head are foreign. I’ve had a hundred years to try and come to terms with the world that I've found. But I've yet to acclimate I fear.

I’m now within the City of Chicago, and have been sent to the Sherriff to be one of his enforcers. I of course accepted this charge with little to no complaint. But I felt betrayed to be sent away from my home of almost 477 years. I’ve been within this city for now five years, not very long by way of Vampire standards, but long enough. I don’t know much of the Sherriff other than that he can wield fire and that I’ve been cautioned about him.

I was turned into a vampire at the age of twenty-one in the year of 1539. My version of twenty-one and those of the modern age seem to be two completely different ideas. For one I look slightly older, as life appears to have been harsher back then. Also when the normal lifespan didn’t exceed 45 for many, you had to be older at a younger age. At the time of my turning I had been married to a young man of adequate standing. I was born of a lower noble house, of Spain, that dated back to the time of Roman occupation.
Like most arranged marriages it wasn’t a union of love, but it wasn’t an unhappy life. I did all the usual things, and it was at the Playhouse that I first met a beautiful young man by the name of Marcus Claudius Marcellus. At the time I thought he was a young Italian man on holiday, not the noted General of the Second Punic War. I started to see him every night that I went to the theatre and one of these times a mutual acquaintance introduced us, from then on we would converse in-between acts of whatever was playing on the stage.

My husband tragically died at the time, I thought a mere accident. One night still dressed in all black from mourning, Marcus came to my door. He made me an offer, one that would lead me away from Spain and the life that I had grown accustomed to. My house, my husband’s wealth; all were to go to his first cousin as we didn’t have any children. I took the offer for a new life and found death instead.

Marcus was part of the Invictus covenant and a member of the Spina bloodline. He taught me how to fight, how to feed and most importantly how to live. There is doubt whether or not Marcus had a hand in my husband’s untimely demise, but I don’t dwell, for I am Vampire. Manners and good breeding are my weapons against these dark times. Duty and honor mean everything for without them I am nothing.

After my embrace I changed my name back to the one that I was born with, it fit in better while I was in Rome and reminded me of my birth. The remnants of when Rome Occupied Spain, and of the Rome I was now a part of.

Sahar Castellum   Emmanuelle_Chriqui_-4_zps7b7a5d27

verycoldbeer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum